Monday, October 13, 2008

My brain is sore.

Whoa. Just finished paper 1 of 3.  Granted, it's just a rough draft and I technically haven't done the actual referencing yet, but if you know me at all you know that for me to finish a paper a day ahead of time, much less 4, is basically unheard of.  And it turned out to be longer than it probably needs to be and definitely longer than I intended it to be.  When did I turn into such a nerd?!?

Oh, and one of the papers that was supposed to be due Friday (Asia Culture) got pushed back to Tuesday...YAY.  That just leaves one 2000-worder for Friday.  But I want to get the Asia Culture one done before the weekend because I'll need that time to start/work on my two papers due next week. Yikes.

Anyway, I just wanted to write in here about how weird it is that we've reached the point where people are putting together lists of things we still need to do before we leave.  Here's what mine looks like:

-Rottnest Island (aka Rotto).  Not too worried about this one because we already have campsites booked for the weekend after we get everything finally turned in - woooo.  Basically all of Port Lodge is going to be there spending the weekend camping, swimming, snorkeling, checking out the island, etc.  

-Kangaroo Island.  This is a small island in Perth with a bunch of wild kangaroos living on it.  Some of Port Lodge checked it out a few months ago and saw a bunch of wild kangaroos and got some really cool pictures of them.

-Surf lessons.  You can pay like $75 to spend the day learning how to surf and I realllly want to try it! If this happens it'll probably be during study week.

-Sunday Session.  This is a Freo specialty where people spend all Sunday afternoon at bars and cafes drinking basically.  It's supposed to be great fun and somehow me and a bunch of my friends haven't been to one yet.  This is a must.

-E-Shed Markets.  A different set of markets across town that I haven't been to yet because we always go to the Fremantle Markets.  If I don't get to it it won't be the end of the world because apparently the Freo Markets are a lot better, but I kind of just want to check it out.

-Turkish restaurant.  There's a couple Turkish restaurants here that I always pass and the food looks so yummy but I haven't been to one yet.  Preference to the one with the picture of the Genie from Aladdin on the sign.  I really just want a kebab, is that so much to ask?

-Red Bull Air Race.  This is another one that should definitely be happening.  On November 1 & 2 "twelve of the world's most talented pilots will compete against each other in a race based on speed, precision, and skill" over the skies of Perth (yeah that was from the website).  It's the first study weekend, so I definitely want to go.

-Pizookie.  For those of you non-3 Westerners, pizookie is an amazing dessert of amazingness that basically consists of a pan of half baked cookie dough covered with vanilla ice cream.  Reserved for the most horrendous of days/weeks.  I mentioned it at the beginning of the semester and people have really been wanting to try it but we've just never gotten around to it.  But I think it might be happening this weekend what with all the stuff we have due...so excited.

And that's all I've got for now!

2 comments:

michelle marie said...

um so can we have pizookie like the SECOND we get back to ND? bc i feel like that will be essential...

anyways i am so proud of you for finishing papers ahead of time! i should take a page out of your book ... haha

ps, that rottnest thing sounds SWEEEEET. and the sunday session (ahaha, when did we all turn into such alkies?). and everything else. i love you.

Unknown said...

Mich!

1) Congrats on getting your first paper done!

2) Don't worry, I totally made a list of things that I still need to de before leaving...about a week ago? On my list are seeing a bunch of sunsets: Cottesloe, DNA tower in King's Park. Also, I still haven't had kebabs, so that's a must! Umm...Freo Prison Tour. Rottnest. Lunch in Freo at Quinlan's. Have you been there?

3) Pizookie!!! I'm jealous. Can I perhaps swing by Freo this weekend??? In can bring my boxes of cookie dough :)