Friday, November 21, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane...

So it's my last night in Freo...weird.  Some people have already left, some are leaving at 3 am this morning, and some (like me) are leaving at 7:30 am to catch our flight to Cairns.  Leaving Fremantle feels weird, and different than any other time I've had to leave a place.  I think that's because when I leave school for home, or home for school, I know I'll eventually return.  But this time, I know that I'm pretty much never going to be coming back here, so it's a permanent goodbye.  
But even though it's a little bittersweet, I'm SO super excited for the next two weeks of traveling!!!  I probably won't post before I get home, since I have a feeling the only internet I'll be able to use between now and then will be the $1/15 minutes version.  I'm going to try to keep track of the highlights in a little journal Kdub got me for this very purpose at the end of last year, but I kind of suck at maintaining non-virtual diaries, so we'll see how that goes.  Regardless, I should have a ridiculous amount of pictures when I return (although my camera has decided to hate me by failing to zoom anymore, so don't expect any close-ups, lol).  

I feel like this post should probably be more introspective and full of mushy stuff about what an amazing experience this has been, etc etc (and it absolutely has, don't get me wrong), but I have to wake up in less than 5 hours and I kind of want to get some sleep before my two weeks of non-stop travel begins!  I might do something like that later, but who knows.  

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!  I'll be spending mine in Sydney, where they don't have to give thanks for any kind of harvest and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will almost certainly not be on TV...but I'll survive :)  

<3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mich!!!

I hope your travels went well! I can't wait to hear all about them and look through your pictures. I'm so glad that I got to spend the semester with you. My semester wouldn't have been the same without you. In fact, many of my favorite Australia moments were with you or in Fremantle :) Miss you lots!